Saturday, April 16, 2016

Week Nine

Hello hello everyone~~


I finished up the game I was talking about last week, though in the simulations I ran, the results appeared to be paying low at some times, high at others, and even exactly what I wanted occasionally. Usually this means the game is off, but after hours of trying to find something wrong, we just concluded that the game and its features are too volatile and the RNG (random number generator) of the game is not actually truly “random,” so the results won’t actually appear as they are in reality.


So as we’re coming up to the end of the SRP these last few weeks, I’m finally actually gonna start making my own game! While the process is pretty similar to what I’ve been doing before, now I get to come up with my own features and implement everything into the game myself, rather than just looking off a sheet with all the data already on it. I gotta say, it's actually pretty cool that I got this opportunity, although it’s a bit harder than I expected to come up with all the features on your own.


So far, my game is going to have a feature that occurs during the free games where you collect different symbols whenever they show up on the screen, and if you collect enough of one symbol you are awarded a pretty nice jackpot (though it’s probably not going to be very likely to actually happen). Since this game is starting from scratch, I have to do a lot more than usual just to add this one feature. Since this feature is affected by certain symbols showing up on the reels, I have to actually go and edit the reels and put in the symbols, meaning I also have to balance between having the symbols showing up enough times to look like you can collect enough for the bonus, while not messing up the pays you get from just the spins alone. That is about as far as I got this week, mostly because I spent way too long just trying to actually come up with the idea of the feature itself~~


Also, I’m still looking for more features for my game, so if you guys have any ideas you should totally comment them because honestly I have no idea what to do. Keep in mind the goal is to make the game unique from other games so people would actually wanna play this game instead of others~

See ya guys later :D

6 comments:

  1. How do you get a nonrandom random number generator? I'm really excited to see your final game; it's so cool that you get to make your own! Sorry, my lack of creativity and limited knowledge of these kind of games means that I honestly have no ideas for new features for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ambitious plans for your last game. With the basketball playoffs starting and the historic season by the Warriors, I think that a picture of Steph Curry or maybe the Warriors logo should be the symbol that is the winner. Those images are probably copyrighted, so this suggestion has a high probability of not being feasible. Back to reality...Good luck making your own game during your last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you're able to do your own thing now! Are you and Max working together on this or are you both doing individual games? I don't think I'm familiar enough with these games to suggest any features. But I like when coins spin like in Mario, maybe you could work that in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is very useful for me,Thanks for your sharing.

    หนังผี

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work.
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    ប្រដាល់ថៃ

    ReplyDelete